Monday 11 June 2012

Pretty things

Pretty things are rare, so i tend to grab my camera at the very first sight of something I would call pretty. Although there is probably a wider definition of pretty, my definition of pretty is something which is sparkly, delicate and is an eye opener, a 'must have' in other words.

Due to my girly girl tendencies, I have some very pretty things around me. Most of these are little details, but make a huge overall change to the atmosphere around me. In addition my deep love for pink, tends to overrule the colour of my atmosphere. Pink is a calm yet bubbly colour which can -At times- turn out to be something tacky or yet soo cute and classy!

Firstly, these are mirrored butterfly cut outs, which brighten up my white and boring bedside table and chest of drawers. They come in a set of 5, and are a must have to brighten up those boring drawers.  Although they are a small detail to the room overall, they change the whole atmosphere of the room. From having something boring and white, the mirrored butterflies have set an aroma of their own. However, they are not pink! As they are mirrored the reflection of daylight usually brightens them up.

Pretty aren't they? 
On the subject of butterflies, I have a pink butterfly garland which hangs near my walk in wardrobe. Although it is a garland, and garlands can even come in the form of paper garland, the delicate design on this is so unique. The colour of the garland was not only my favourite, but the garland runs in shades of pink, there's even a few white butterflies in there somewhere. 

Too pretty to ignore! 
As you can see the close up of the butterflies show's the design on the wings. Although these are only painted on, the fine detail of the paint design are really inspiring. They fit my criteria as an arty farty lover. I mean, if the shoe fits, why not?

P.s Not everything pink is pretty :-P

*All the above images are owned by Tutu's & Glitter unless otherwise stated*

No comments:

Post a Comment