Tuesday 1 January 2013

My Year

A new year means new missions, so let's think back to January 2012 and reminisce over the good memories and happenings of last year. Hmm...

January - So January started with a bang! With all the colourful fireworks and the usual New Year celebration. But in my life, in January I hit realisation. Me being me and spending my Christmas holidays procrastinating, was hit with a bombshell of having 12 teaching weeks and then EXAMS! So that's when I kind of woke up, and thought I'd better get my life sorted.

February - This was a sad month, as the one year anniversary of my beloved grandfather approached :-( RIP Pop's x

March - March was spent with some more procrastinating and then rushed note making and fast paced revision. The dreaded word arrived - Revision.

April - Hmmm April, was spent procrastinating and stressing over my exams, which would take the following month. 

May - Yeah, May arrived and I went into hibernation. This was Exam Month. But, not everything was smooth flowing. The day before my exam, which is traditionally spent ramming in the last minute extra information, there was a big revelation. Exam's had been cancelled, this was a sad and frustrating time. Everyone was prepared to have their exam over and done with in the morning, but a particular "someone" decided to put the answers of the pre-released materials up on to Facebook. So that was plagiarism apparently, and so we were given new materials, less time and new topics to revise. Yes, I felt like tearing my hair out! Lo and behold, I got through it all.

June - As my holidays had begun in May, just before exams had started, that meant I had a looot of time on my hands. I had 4 months off uni, so we thought we would through the little one a birthday party. Her birthday was on the day of the Queen's Jubilee, it was an eventful and happy occasion in our household. Furthermore, the Tutu's & Glitter blog was born :-) And I got my Exam results, I managed to pass my first year at uni :-) I also got my Solicitors Regulation Authority membership.

July - As Ramadan approached, preparations began. And that meant Eid was just around the corner. We had an eventful Ramadan, although I don't fast as I have medical exemptions. But I spent most of Ramadan, if not all, ill :-( 

August - It was Eid in August, and it was the moth where I said farewell to my teenage years. I was no longer a teenager! It was a day of mixed emotions *sniff* Although I was not the stereotypical teenager, yeah yeah call me a geek or nerd or whatever ;-)

September - I shopped for my second year at uni, and my 4 month long holidays were soon to be over. Towards the end of September, I finally started my second year. I was just sooo glad holidays were over, I got to the point of where I wanted to go back to uni. 

October - Hmm, October, another Eid was approaching. That was something to look forward to, more shopping and more dressing up. My younger brother also got the snobby apprenticeship he really really wanted, a day before Eid. So it was smiles all around :-)

November - Hmm November  was spent working hard as was some of December. I had 3 pieces of coursework to get done. So it was study, study, study!

December - Finally got 3 pieces of coursework done, which only meant I had another 4 :-/ I think I spent most of this month if not all in my furry slippers and gown, since the weather reached minus degrees! We had a lot of fun this month, as Christmas holidays began. Everyone was off work and school etc, so it was a time to get together. 

An eventful year it was, roll on 2013. With many more good memories and happy occasions to share. I hope you all had as good a year as I did :-) 

Happy New Year x

No comments:

Post a Comment