Sunday 3 March 2013

Randomness..

After spending the whole day baking with a 5 year old, what more can I do but relax and write a blog, maybe throw in s little something to watch. Oh my, 5 year olds are such hard work! Rather than baking she decided to sweep the kitchen floor with the brush, and while I was making the cupcakes she shouted at me for making more mess! We decorated the cupcakes, and she made a mess of some. I had to promise her I wouldn't be making anymore after she had left. She reminded me on the way home, that it's her Birthday soon, and she wants a cake! I better get practicing! Anyway...

I have been given a one week extension on my coursework, because the new edition of the book required is coming out in 30 days and the previous edition has been taken off the shops of most major booksellers. I kind of got lucky, and my brother kindly travelled to a nearby city for me and got me the last copy of the book within our region. The other copies have to be either ordered from online or can be collected from other Waterstone stores in London! Phew, I thank God I got it when I did. Other than the book adventures, I bought  Kindle. I didn't like it at all! It was not what I expected, although you can download Apps on it, there's no bleeding camera! So I returned it, and did so with a smile across my face :) Yup, so I've been there done that! In other news,  I only have 2 assignments and 3 exams to go, before the end of second year! How time flies. I had been meaning to update my blog, but living a busy life means you have to squeeeeze time into your busy schedule. 

I came across an article recently, which was about a 17 year old girl who committed suicide. It got me thinking, as you have probably realised, I over-think and over-analyse almost ever heart renching thing out there in the world. I was thinking of the day when the vice principal at college came in and whispered something to the tutor. At the end of the lesson, the tutor broke the news to us. A fellow student had died earlier, when the news reached the media, we all found out she had bulimia and had committed suicide. I still remember the grey day ahead of us, the college fell silent and crowds were consoling each other. You could actually hear a pin dropping in the usually loud and boisterous college. the college, is one which some have dubbed as 'Hogwarts' - the name says it all. It is awful hen you get such utterly sad news. I hope no-one has any such news broken to them, ever. 

I had a friend in primary school, she was deaf, but as a child that's all I knew about her illness or the extent of it. When we parted to go to different secondary schools, I was told she had sadly died. I don't know how or what was wrong with her, but yeah unfortunately I lost a good friend. I also had another friend who I lost when we we're about 5 or 6 years old. Again, I don't know what was wrong with. As I was just a child myself. Yesterday I saw a further friend of mine after a while. She had disabilities of some sort, although her mental capacity was normal. Looking back, I kind of think I always came across such people for a particular reason. Like I said I over-analyse everything! But I hate sad news, I hope no-one has to have such news broken to them :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment