Tuesday 5 March 2013

Monsoooon

Hmm, so I think it's about time I got back into the blogging spirit :) As mentioned before I have recently purchased a few new tunics from Monsoon, so I thought I'd share them with you all. The first is in a creamy colour, with accents of brighter colours. I'll let the pictures do the talking..


The design of the tunic is in black, and I like the small detailed, yet elegant design. I was also very find of the embellishments around the neckline. I find that with less embellishments on tunics, I can wear them down or up more easily. They are also more smartly casual, yet sophisticated. The colours are bold and beautiful  yet not so bright as they are minimal. The tunic also has a East meets West touch to it. 

The second tunic I will be sharing with you is in the opposite spectrum of colours. 


Unlike the first tunic, the design on this one is full of nature. This includes butterflies, birds and greenery. Although this tunic only had embellished cuffs, I though to add a hint of sparkle to the front of the tunic as well. Thus, I added some beads to the butterflies, at the front of the tunic. The best part oft his tunic is the heavily embellished cuffs, which just make the whole outfit sparkle. I also like the buttons on the cuffs, they give the cuffs a very elegant touch.

The final tunic is more casual.


Although it is more casual and plain, this tunic is heavily beaded around the neckline, hem and cuffs. From a first glance only the gold beads can be spotted, but if you look closely enough, the gold beaded rows are surrounded by the same teal-ish coloured beads. The tunic can be worn formally or casually, depending on the occasion.

So, what do I wear them with?

As I aim to dress modestly, and cover as much skin as possible, I wear the first two tunics with a churidaar. This is a Pakistani garment, which is similar to leggings. However, they can be adjusted to your size according on how tight you wear them. Part of dressing modestly is not showing the shape of your body. So, I try to wear a more loose churidaar. Which looks elegant but is not tight. The churidaar also has a naturally ruched look at the bottom, this therefore gives my outfit a touch of East! The material of the churidaar is satin, so it matched the material of the tunic and looks really elegant. Although, my current churidaar is Black, I was thinking of opting for a more brighter coloured churidaar for the first tunic. I am yet to buy and get sewn a churidaar with the last tunic. 

The see through sleeves can also be a problem, I have only had the chance to wear the fist tunic once yet, so I wore it with s short black cardigan. This covered my sleeves and also kept me warm in this unpredictable weather. However, I couldn't bear to cover the cuffs of the second tunic, so I just wore a cap sleeved beige t-shirt underneath. Although, I really should have worn something longer. But, the sleeves of the second tunic are more heavier, and give me quite a few pleats to cover my skinny arms :) 

I might opt for a more mustardy goldish churidaar with the last tunic, What do you say? I really should post a picture of my churidaar as well, it will tell a story of it's own. I will try to get a few pictures of myself wearing the outfit, to show you all how the tunics look with my churidaar.

Cheerio, for now :) x

2 comments:

  1. Pretty. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I You're right that i shouldn't fear anybody except Allah (SWT) but I cna't help but fear people. I don't speak up because I'm not confrontational. I'm more of a shy person and a pacifist. I think that is partly why I was bullied all through school. I also realize I do not have a lot of self confidence in myself. Even though I have been Muslim for six years I have issues with wearing my hijabs. I'm scared of losing my siblings as I lost them before (by choice) when I became Muslim and I rarely see them now as it is because the younger two's dad doesn't want them around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice to hear from you. Like I said before Allah only gives the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers. Hold in there, be strong. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. Lot's of love x

    ReplyDelete