Friday 1 November 2013

A day in the life of...


It been a while…again. I haven’t had the time to write, nor have I had the time to take some snaps. I’ve been pretty busy lately and boring. So I thought I’d write you all a day in my life post.

My day begins at around 7pm, when the sun creeps in through the blinds in my bedroom. Other than the sun awakening me, my brother does as he scuttles around getting ready for work.  My mum can usually be heard encouraging him to hurry up. He sings in the morning and comes into my room, usually to just annoy me. I can’t sleep after that. I tend to check my phone on in my bed and sometimes browse the web.

I get up at around 7.30, by which time my brother has usually left the house. I make my way to the bathroom and the coldness of the tiles run through my body. I obviously pass the bathroom slippers, as that’s just like another chore. I then head back to my room, where I’m tempted by the warmth of my bed. I check the time and realise I’ve spent longer in the bathroom as intended. After slipping my contact lenses in I look for my hairbrush. I brush through my hair and decide what outfit I’ll be wearing. I have to do so ever so quietly though. And I can only use the light of the lamp because my sister is still sleeping, as its half term. I rush around and get dressed and then take out some unnecessary documents out of my files, I put my books into my cotton bag and head to the kitchen. I can hear the budgies chirping away in the background as I make myself some breakfast. I had a cup of coffee with toast this morning.

My elder brother wakes up at around 8ish, and has offered to drop me off to uni this morning. I have a professional conduct class at 9. The name of the class says it all, I have to be on time or the lecturer asks why I’ve kept my client waiting. Yeah, it’s to put into practice professional conduct. Which includes time keeping, something I’m generally good at. As I rush into uni I see that the campus is busy today, student helpers walk around in orange t-shirts “Student helpers” at the front and back. It dawns on me that it’s a university open day. I rush past the hurdles of people and make it to class just on time. Meanwhile my friend is rushing into class and texting me at the same time.

We sit through professional conduct for 2 hours. I check my e-mails which to my delight are about my next session; wills and probate. Wills and probate has been cancelled due to the open day. So I have a two hour break. I head to the library and work my socks off. It’s becoming a regular occurrence *sigh* I wait for my friends as I collect my printouts and watch the clock.

Finally, we head off into town for lunch. But I only have an hour before my seminar, I had to make do with a sandwich which wasn’t the best :( I hurry back to uni and attended my seminar. The tutor goes on about writing letters, but I spot the dirty windows. The windows took my mind off letter writing and seemed to amuse my friend.  Rather than amusement, I found them dirty in terms of hygiene. Like I said to my friend, they didn’t exactly make an effort to impress future student, since it was open day. I drafted out my letter, tutor exclaimed it was neat and how he loved neat work.

After the seminar, I headed to the library to get some work done. But here I am drafting a blogpost. So far this is today in my life…

No comments:

Post a Comment