Thursday 5 December 2013

Windyyyy

The clocks just turned to 9am, maybe some minutes past 9 by now. The wind is howling away and the gloomy weather makes we want to climb back in bed and close my eyes. But, I’m in the library. Yeah, I’m an early bird nowadays. It’s still ever so dark outside, and the wind has probably reached 90mph. I battled the wind and made my way in. Its called dedication, I need to be motivated to be dedicated. So I am armed with a fruit salad and pomegranate and blueberry juice. The windows, so called “double glazed” ones, are trembling as the wind hits them. To make matters worse I am sat at a computer near the window. So it gives the impression of shattering any second. Sirens are blaring as emergency services race to the rescue. The ring roads are full of chaos. Umbrellas are unable to take the force thus people would rather get wet. Yeah, it’s raining and its ever so windy. Too windy, rain can be dealt with, in moderation though. There’s no way to get rid of the wind.  A cyclist fell off his cycle this morning, he looked hurt. He didn’t actually fall but was blown off by the wind. Just imagine the chaos….

I walk over a bridge and past shrubs to reach uni, I usually bump into a squirrel or two in the uni gardens. Today I didn’t see any :( I wonder where they hide in such horrendous weather. They obviously have natural habitats, but the wind is ever so overwhelming. Trees and bushes have fallen, heck a cyclist fell. I try to get a glimpse of the view outside, but the landscape has disappeared amongst the fog and mist.

I shall write a more colourful post, sometime soon. I have some ideas lined up.
Cheerio till then :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment