Thursday 9 January 2014

And a Happy New Year to all my lovely readers!

'Tis the season to be jolly' passed us in a flurry. There were many sparkles and glitters that joined us in joy. Although I don't celebrate Christmas I have been brought up to respect other religions and to respectfully enjoy special occasions. Yes, this is different from celebrating Christmas. During the work-up leading to Christmas there's plenty of shopping for sparkly things which will come in use during the year. Best of all, some may say, is the TV. The TV sometimes has more importance in my sisters life than I do. Thus, she has to buy a TV guide which will see her through Christmas and the New Year. Christmas day is usually a family day. There's the TV (ahem!) banter and best of all...food, to enjoy. We have a Christmas dinner on Christmas Day. In my neighborhood, there are a lot of people who celebrate Christmas as opposed to people of the same beliefs to myself. Therefore, we buy our neighbours presents and usually a tin of biscuits or chocolates etc, however we opted for something a little more creative this year.

I was asked to bake some cupcakes for a Christmas party, the party was for children. The children came from disruptive backgrounds and the party was for them to enjoy. Therefore, I opted to bake for them and bought them a cupcake stand. Other people volunteered to make the party bags and the local church was donating presents to them . The aim of the party was to make the children happy, so that they didn't feel left out. There were some of the traditional games and plenty of smiles. This is what I baked....



The day before the party, I was at uni and left shopping to the last minute, typical. So, during my break I went into town and shopped to my hearts content, not really, in the rain I must add. I bought a pretty cupcake stand which was decorated in gingerbread men and Santa Claus. I then went to Sainsbury's and filled my basket with baking goods. Then I remembered I needed to get back into the uni library, but there's a no food policy. So I loaded everything into my cotton book bag and in I snuck.  I went home for about 6pm and baked the night away :) I didn't go to the party in person as I had uni to go to. But, from what I heard the party was a good one. Kerching! The cupcakes were enjoyed and I was contacted with another 'order', however I had to turn it down as I had three formative assignments to do :(

As the cupcakes were a success, I decided to bake my neighbours some cupcakes this year. They were unique and pretty to gift. I made the same cupcakes as for the Christmas party, but opted for different boxes and added some sparkle. 


Again, the neighbours rung back to comment on how they were ever so grateful and how they were too pretty to eat :) So this Christmas was a success, heres to a good year and even better Christmas for 2014! 

No comments:

Post a Comment