Thursday 23 August 2012

Eid Mubarak & Patchwork galore

We have managed to get through the long bustling day's of Eid. Eid is always colourful and joyous, it's an action packed day full of...chocolates. The day's seem to fly past and before you know it Eid's over :( So that's one Eid down and another to go! 

On another note, i heard back from Southall Black Sisters, and have forwarded my presentation notes to them. I really hope they are of help to them. 

Patchwork Galore

Some funky cushion covers are must have, but what about patchwork? I mean, it's a simple yet elegant idea, isn't it? It doesn't take much to design a few patches, don them in embroidery and put them together, eh. They can also be made up of a variety of colours. Look at the photo's of my patchwork designed cushions.

Pretty aren't they? 

The photo's don't really do justice to the cushion covers, but anyway...The main theme of the back cushion is red, with a splash of golds, pinks and oranges. The one on the right has a main theme of green, again with a splash of golds and reds. 

Close up's...

This is a close up of the reddish cushion cover, but that doesn't necessarily mean RED and just RED. The colour variety can be seen in the photo, but maybe having flash on would have done a better job...

A little better
I find the green one prettier than the red one, that's not only because of the colour variety but also the designs which seem to be more elegant. The cushion covers also seem to have an East meets West theme going on.   It's a pretty idea and i really do wonder who made them? Because they were a housewarming present, a very pretty one as well. This has inspired me to create my own patchwork cushion. It is in the process...may take a little longer than anticipated though. I have started off with a blue cotton patch, which i hope to share with you all in due course. That reminds me i need to buy some more coloured skeins and maybe some more haberdashery. I should really share with you all my bead box, yup i have one. Check back maybe, for more posts on my patchwork project :) and perhaps a more detailed Eid post...if you lucky ;-)

Cheerio for now :) x

*All the above images are owned by Tutu's & Glitter, unless otherwise stated*



No comments:

Post a Comment