Friday 2 November 2012

So much to do, so little time...

I have "reading week" read as a week off uni!, week commencing 12th November. However, I have been loaded with two formative assignments of at least 2,000 words each. Here I was planning on lazing around for the week. To do the assignments, I will have to read! Yeah, yeah save yourselves I did know that Law involved 'reading'. A lot of reading will have to be done, too much if you were to ask me. So yeah I will have to do this, otherwise I would have loaded you all with more than one new post. Maybe two, or we could have stretched to three. But no, my lecturers have other plans on how I should spend my reading week. 

Yes I know, it's all I...I...I (8 I's to be precise, if I can count)

So would you all like to know the contents of the assignments? I'll tell you anyway...First, there's 2,000 words for the Principles of Criminal Liability and then another 2,000 for The Law of Evidence. 

So that's my to do list! On a separate note, why did my conversation with an old acquaintance go like this.

A: "Are you at uni?"

Me: "Yeah I am, I'm in my second year now. What about you?"

Some shocked expressions from A, why did you think I was stupid, or blonde or just plain stupid!

A: "Oh are you, I didn't know." With some facial muscles losing their stand. "I'm on work placement now, What are you studying?"

Me: "Law..." 

At this point A stares at me as if I'm something that's walked out of a museum, why? What's wrong with studying Law? Can someone help me understand? Do I look too stupid for Law or did A just think I was, and the bombshell proved too much? The conversation didn't end at this point...

A: "How come your in second year now?"

At this point I had to bite my tongue, as I was about to come out with "because I've finished first". But gave the smart ass comment a miss, and just reassured A I was in second year. 

After this stupid conversation had finished, a trillion and one thought ran through my mind. What made A think I wasn't at uni? Has A always thought I was stupid or something? Why was she looking at me all weirdly? Duh, I was so caught up in all this I forgot to ask A what she was studying!?! But I didn't plan on conducting an interview in the middle of a shopping center, so I suppose I'll let it pass. 

Just to clarify, I was quite close to A at one point. Very close, we were school friends. But I don't see what was with all the negative reactions, or was I just reading into it too much? I was always known to be the geek or swot or whatever else anyone wanted to call me. I used to do A's Mathematics homework for her during break, so she wouldn't get into trouble during Mathematics. But I don't know...just smile and walk away I suppose.

:) x

No comments:

Post a Comment