Sunday 16 December 2012

A little something

As you all have probably guessed by now, I am a creative person. I LOVE ART! My little sister bought a set containing scratch and sketch masks. The set was of Masquerade theme, so it contained some nicely shaped masks which you had to sketch on top of to reveal colour underneath. It also contained coloured gems. I kind of nicked one, and set off to make something out of it. Since it was 'nicked' I didn't have the little plastic pencil, to scratch and sketch with, so I improvised, and used a cocktail stick instead :-D I think it was better than the original pencil, as it was more sharper, so the designs was more enhanced. Anyway this is what I came up with.

Excuse the, not so there, quality of the photo!
Although it was a little tricky in places, I was quite satisfied with the finishing results  Which I improved with the addition of glitter and some gems, out of which some decided to go walkabouts :-/

It was much better in real life :-/

It was a very fragile arty creation, because the slip of the pen, cocktail stick in this case, ruined the whole concept of the design. I went on to use this 'mask' as a bookmark, but it kind of wore out. Needless to say it was very pretty and got a lot of oohs and aahs :) If I was to nick another, I think I would improve the quality of it, since I speak from experience now :-P It required a lot of patience and precision, accuracy is key, as I said before the slip of the pen could ruin the whole thing! Anyway, I quite enjoyed doing this and would love to do it again! x

*All the above images are owned by Tutu's & Glitter, unless otherwise stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment