Saturday 26 January 2013

Monsoon

One of my favourite shops would be Monsoon, I just love the way everything has an ethnic twist to it. The most bold and bright colours can be integrated into a dress, yet it can still be as elegant as ever. Most of their childrens wear (if not all) is ever so pretty, yet not all are pink or flowery. They have a unique style which just makes children look so adorable. But, we can’t all fit into childrenswear, even if we can I don’t think a 20 year old dressed in a childrens dress looks right ;-p

I have brought a handful of tunics from Monsoon during the past few months, which I am sure you’ll all love when I get to share them with you. The womens tunics can be dressed up or down, I am a fan of wearing tunics. I find dresses to be rather dressy, whereas tunics can be pulled off nice and elegantly, without all the frills and flares. I also like how beadwork on tunics is casual and subtle. During one of my many many visits, I came across this tunic. The actual tunic was covered in a peacock print, but only the neckline was embellished. Here are a few snaps of the neckline details.




The design is pretty simple when observed; it’s pretty much made of sequins and beads rather than any sort of embroidery. The neckline is the eye catching part of the whole tunic, in my opinion. But the rest of the tunic is made of blues and greens, with a sort of dark background.  The material used is a shiny thick satin. Perhaps it was supposed to be a warm evening tunic, paired with a pair of tights and some heels, it would be a nice outfit. But to observe modesty, others may choose to wear it in a different way. I personally might have worn it with a churidaar, which is almost like leggings but with more pleats at the bottom and not as tight as leggings. With one of my Monsoon tunics, I have opted for a churidaar. I shall share it in more detail in a separate post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment